Effective Literacy Practice Reading - Reflective Questions
What key issues emerge from this reading?
Young or inexperienced writers need to both observe knowledgeable writers at work and participate in writing events in authentic and well-supported ways. Shared writing lessons will allow you to both model and actively engage students in the writing processes that they most need in order to improve their writing.
How do the writer's view match with my own experience/beliefs?
I believe that shared writing provides a supportive instructional setting in which teachers can use to help their students meet a variety of learning needs. Also it is one of many strategies that can be used to help improve student's writing.
Does the reading confirm existing good practice in writing?
Shared writing has been around for years (I remember reading this text 10 years ago as a PD activity in one of my old schools) and continues to be a vital part of teaching writing.
Does the reading challenge practice about my writing programme?
Not really! I agree with what they are saying!
Do I want to use the ideas in this reading? how?
I usually use shared writing with my groups in class at least a few times a week.
If you want to learn more about shared writing (Maybe I haven't covered everything!) then click here!

No comments:
Post a Comment