1. To what extend do our school systems and self-review processes guide,
inform and support teachers to inquire into their practice?
Answer - Somewhat informative
I think the systems we have in place allow for personal interests and strengths to be developed.
Professional development is valued and teachers are provided with a variety of learning opportunities. Also teachers are encouraged to be creative and try out new ideas.
During team and staff meeting time is set aside for inquiries and ideas are shared and exchanged.
2. To what extend do you (the teacher) inquire into the impact of your teaching on students?
Answer - High levels of inquiry
I am constantly reflecting on my teaching practice and looking for ways to improve. As a result I am constantly changing things that I do in an effort to raise student achievement.
Also I share and discuss my inquiry with fellow teachers during team meetings and staff meetings. We exchange ideas and look for ways to improve.
Finally I spend a lot of time on Twitter connecting, sharing, discussing and collaborating with teachers around the world. I find this is a great way to gather new ideas and learn from like-minded teachers.

No comments:
Post a Comment