Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Blogging Meme

Thanks Marnel (@1MdvS) for tagging me in on this idea! It's the first time I have pulled out my laptop since school finished!

The blogging task includes:
  • Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
  • Share 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
  • List 11 bloggers.
  • Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated.  Don't nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
11 Random facts about me:
1) Since leaving home at the age of 17 I have lived in 30 different addresses.
2) My wife and I climbed Mt Taranaki together.
3) I once worked and lived in a pub in Birmingham, England.
4) I once fell through a glass window and received 21 stitches in my head.
5) I have 20/20 vision but have had 4 eye operations.
6) At university I hand wrote all my assignments because I couldn’t use a computer.
7) I was chosen for the New Zealand Under 16′s Cricket and Soccer teams.
8) My results were so poor during my first 2 years at university that I wasn't allowed to return for a third year.
9) When I did return to University I made it onto the Massey University Vice Chancellor's list for the top 5% of achievers. 
10) My wife and I had been together 16 years before we got married one day after school.
11) People say I am really competitive but I don't think so!
My answers to Marnel questions:
1) What Inspires you? My awesome wife @trudib22. She is the most amazing mother to our 2 boys.
2) What are you reading now? I hate reading, I find it boring! But to answer your question I am listening to Tyler Hamilton's book 'The Secret Race' on my IPhone. Instead of reading I just download books on my phone and listen to them when I'm out and about. If you are into sport 'The Secret Race' is an amazing book!
3) If you weren't a teacher, what would you do? Photographer.
4) If you could change something about the education system, what would it be? Less is more! I think we try to do way too much in New Zealand schools. Lets cut out all the interruptions, extra activities, rubbish and concentrate on what's important - Teaching children!
5) When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Most probably to my wife when we were dating! I think she has got them somewhere! (Burn them please!)
6) Android or iPad tablets? Why? IPads all the way! To be perfectly honest I have never used an Android product. I just love Apple products for their beauty and simplicity.
7) What do you find hardest to teach your students? Easy, Reading! It just doesn't interest me!
8) What will you be doing differently this year? The think I am going to concentrate on teaching the basics a bit more. I usually spend so much of my time coming up with interesting and creative things for my students to do that I sometimes forget to teach the important things. I'm going to keep it simple! 
9) If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be and why did you chose this language? Easy, French! My parents speak fluent Spanish and have lived in Spain for a number of years but this doesn't interest me. I have been to France quite a few times and just love the way they embrace life. Also my wife has a strong French background.
10) What is your favourite way to waste time? Anything to do with sport! I love playing, watching and talking about sport. My whole family is sports mad!
11) What is your life motto? Have fun! Basically I try to have as much fun as possible. If it's not fun then make a change or do something different. Life is to short to be bored or to be doing something you don't enjoy. I try to make my classroom a fun place and in general definitely enjoy being silly!
I tag….@bekblayton, @VanessaJC83, @trudib22, @fuse711, @moriarty_ok, @PiaMcKay, @BenSoole, @BeLchick1, @kellyac21, @macca24129, @TaniaTS
Here are your 11 questions:
1) What is your favourite memory as a child?
2) If you could live any place in the world where would it be and why?
3) Who is your favourite person?
4) In your career so far which teacher has inspired you the most?
5) If you could change one thing about your work place what would it be?
6) What are your favourite 3 apps for learning?
7) If you won a million dollars would you continue in your current job?
8) What do you like to do in your spare time?
9) What is the thing you are most proud of in your life?
10) If you could go to dinner with any 3 people alive or dead who would you choose?
11) What are 3 things you want to achieve in 2014?
Good luck everyone, I look forward to reading your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment